CD Player Error "E20"

Hi, I just bought a new CD and it will not play in my 1999 Firebird CD Player. It keeps coming up with a "E20" error message. Other CD's play fine. I should mention that the new CD I am trying to play is one of those dual sided CD/DVD's. Yes, I do have the correct side trying to play. Any idea what the error message means?

Reply to
Beegeezee

There is a different format for those types of CD's that only newer players can read... your player is looking for a certain set-up of the info, and even a certain type of starting track... or boot sector if you will. The error code is player specific, but I'm sure if you look it up on the net you'll find it means some sort of problem with the media, or unreadable disk. I have an Sony CD player (circa 1993-94) that will only play purchased CD's and CD-R's, which sucks because I have CD-RW's that I can't use in it. Get a newer player, or burn some CD-R's my friend.

Reply to
Merius