Error 1 on CD Player

I have a SC430 and the CD player shows an Error 1 msg. It began on one or two cd's and now is on all of them. I looked in the manual and can find nothing about an error 1. Anyone know the problem?

Reply to
W. Wells

Are these CDs that you are burning yourself? If so the speed of your burn may be exceeding the max speed that the CD itself is able to accept. For example you are burning at 52x and the blank CD is only rated for 24x. When I got this error message I found that this was the problem.

Reply to
Ice

I find music CDs I burn myself are always perfect with no problems when I burn them at no greater than 8X speed. Data disk burns seem not to matter at any speed and this observation seems not to matter whether I use the Sony burner or a no-name white-boxed cheapie. It also seems not to matter whether I purchase the more expensive "music" blanks or whatever happens to be on sale. The burn speed on music is what seems to matter. I can't explain it.

Reply to
New Owner

Reply to
W. Wells