BMW 6CD Changer

Greetings all,
I have a BMW 6 CD Changer in my 3 series. one of the draws that holds the CD`s has jammed out/open. when the green button is pressed the motor whirs and nothing happens. the
head you comes up no magazine.
The drew is definitely stuck open as I can see it through the gap. the cause I think is one of two things the coils on the back have recently gone so I`m thinking the bouncing about could have jolted the CD`s out of the draw or we have just had a bout of cold weather -6 it got to one night and the CD`s player was on when I switched the ignition on.
Is the a release button somewhere or does the CD`s player have to be removed. all so do I read the book right and its not coded ?
any help greatly appreciated.
TIA
Russ