bmw professional radio

Hi all!
I've got a 118d with bmw professional radio and nav system.
here is a menu on the cd player that says dvd player. What does it mean? does my car reads dvds?
Does it play mp3? Is there a firmware upgrade that I need?
TNX
VEGETA
Could the DVD notation be for the Nav system DVD? Not sure if they have a DVD anymore, but they used to.
Stick in an mp3 cd and see if it plays.....and stick in a DVD movie and see if it plays on your Nav system screen...but probably NOT.....that's the easiest way to tell. I think the only way you can play a video DVD in the front seat is with an aftermarket unit, not a factory unit.
VEGETA wrote:

No, it's on entrateinment menu, inside cd audio menu, option cd or dvd player.

Do you think that I haven't done it??? They don't play. I was asking if there's a way to let them play. Is there someone that has a professional cd able to play it? Maybe a firmware update?

Or I can buy a portable DVD player... :-P
TNX
VEGETA