BMW Car Nav System

I am considering buying a BMW 325 in the near future and would like to have the option of a built-in navigation system taken. I would deeply appreciate your views on it. There is also a choice of either a "Professional" one or a "Business" one. As I cannot find any detailed info on them from the BMW website, could anyone please tell me the difference between them? T.I.A.

davidT

Reply to
davidT

David, I like the sat nav in my E46 323SE 1999. I think it is the business system because it has a small monochrome screen. Others might come along and give you a more detailed answer, but you can find loads of information by following these links:

Mick.

This is an excellent site, loads of info applicable to all sat nav systems.

Mick

Mike, you have been a great help. I have now got all the info required, and I have bookmarked all these good websites for future reference. Please accept my sincerest thanks.

davidT

Reply to
davidT

David, I have a 2004 330CiC with the DVD-based SatNav (color, voice direction if you want, etc.) and it's OK, but just OK compared to the VERY sophistacted and fully voice-operated ones on some of the Japanese luxury vehicles such as the Lexus. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably buy it as an option again, but it's a bitch to use - not a very intuitive interface, and is way behind the currently-available technology.

You might also take a look at the Yahoo group concerning the BMW SatNav systems:

JM

Reply to
wanka

Try the following URL:

I have a 330 with the professional version and find it works well if you apply the latest firmware (v27), which is available from the X5 world. You should also insist that the dealer provides the latest NavTech DVDs 2006/1.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Ian, thank you very much for your advice. I'll bear your point in mind when I proceed to buy my 325i SE Tourer.

davidT

Reply to
davidT

If you do ask the dealer to provide the new SATNAV disk and to do the upgrade ensure they do! My dealer told me I had the latest DVD in the car only to discover it was two years out of date, they replaced it after much complaining.

Reply to
Ian

Thanks again Ian.

davidT

Reply to
davidT

The latest DVD for North America is 2006/2.

JM

Reply to
wanka