bmwalarm systems?

    Does anyone have an aftermarket alarm?
I bought a bmwalarm.com system for my 92 735.
it was not plug n play. We tried to get it to work; but after a while; I got
out of my comfort level.
I sold it to a friend who bench tested it and said it only alarms for a few seconds (trip the motion or shock sensor - 3 seconds of alarm). If a second 'breach' occurs -- it gets set of for 30 seconds.
Their tech support was helpful (or at least tried to be) but now is finished wiht us. He's already installed the harness & alarm - but bmwalarm is saying "we'll just refund your money".
Now I'm stuck in the middle.
Are these systems worth what they're charging?
Should I tell my friend to give it back and return it?
what I"m worried about is that bmwalarm won't honor the warranty since they said "return it; we'll give you your money back".
Input? thanks josh
--
Remove x's to send.