RR HSE Alarm systems

OK. How do you remove the alarm system from a P38 HSE? Solutions involving an axe that still leave it possible to start the engine urgently required.

The concept is defective The design is defective and the implementation is unspeakably bad.

If I see KEYCODE LOCKOUT many more times it's going off Beachy Head. (even if I have to tow it)

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

Nigel> OK. How do you remove the alarm system from a P38 HSE? Nigel> Solutions involving an axe that still leave it possible to Nigel> start the engine urgently required.

The Alarm is integrated into the BeCM. It can't be removed easily. You can disable robust immobilisation (requires a replacement of the GEMS ECU, but might be possible by rechipping ---Mark Adams would know).

Nigel> The concept is defective The design is defective and the Nigel> implementation is unspeakably bad.

There are a few issues with the early implementation, but that's all I've seen.

What, exactly, is the problem?

Nigel> If I see KEYCODE LOCKOUT many more times it's going off Nigel> Beachy Head. (even if I have to tow it)

Surely you mean tow it there and push it off. Or has it driven you to tbe brink of suicide?

Reply to
AndyC the WB