E30 316 engine problems

Hi,
my BMW e30 316 from 1990 has a strange problem: when changing gear and giving it about half throttle, the engine sometimes stalls for a very short time (about a tenth of a second). It is so bad it
feels as if the pistons got stuck. Apart form taht the engine is fine, does not use up any oil and starts very quickly. Then its back to normal. This does not occur if I give it full throttle. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?
Thanks, Bastian.

Do you mean a 316i 1990? The 316 (1.8 M10 carb) stopped around 1988.