bmw twin headlights for 316

a friend asked me if i could find a set of twin headlights for his beloved

1982 bmw ( X reg )316 (E21..? ). i seem to be struggerling. all the head lights i seem to find are incorrect. CAN ANY BODY ADVISE? all seem to show me twin headlights where both lenses are of the same size. i am looking for twin lights where the outer is larger, 7" and 5" approx respectivly. can any one shed some light on this (soory 4 pun). has the vehicle been patched up with the wrong lights
Reply to
pippo99

Look for laserchrom's website, they're the UK's E21 experts :-)

Reply to
John Burns

That's because the E21 didn't come equipped with those. The E28 did, as did one or two other BMWs (E23 7 Series?), but the E21 did not. I suppose you might cobble something up out of 316/318 and 320 parts (maybe splicing 316 grille ends onto chopped 320 grilles and figuring out how to mount the 316 buckets on 320 brackets), but I'm fairly certain you won't find a set of these made by BMW. Look here for a selection of Euro models, all with four 5 1/4" lamps:

-- C.R. Krieger

Reply to
C.R. Krieger