DTC 302 & 316

My wife's Taurus ('02, 3.0 Duratec) is experiencing some misfiring, as evidenced by DTC 302. However, the scanner also pull up 316, which I can find NO reference to! Obviously I don't have a v16 under the hood... The car is stumbling a bit, and the CEL came on today as she was driving to work. The light started to flash (302), so I had her pull over and shut the engine off. Once she restarted it, the stumbling was still there, but the light didn't flash again. I'll see what it does for her tomorrow.

In 'your' varied experiences, does this normally tend to be fouling plugs? Maybe the coil pack is going? It doesn't matter what the problem is, really, because I can spend whatever time I need to under the hood over the weekend...

Who knows... She may get in tomorrow morning and all is well... Cars

- Gotta love 'em!

Thanx for your help in advance!

Reply to
Shayne Jenkins

P0316 - misfire occurred in the first 1000 engine revolutions

Reply to
johanb

Reply to
Shayne Jenkins

Car had the appointment at the local Ford dealership. As I had feared, it was the coil pack. #2 cylinder was weak. Replacement was $352, total bill. I was afraid it would be much worse! Runs fantastic now!

Reply to
Shayne Jenkins