e34 535i - How do I get at the instrument backlights?

Good morning, I've just aquired a low-mileage e34 535i - got a couple of dents but otherwise seems to be in decent nick.
One of its annoying niggles is that some of the idiot lights and the
backlight for the odometer don't work. The owner's handbook offers no clued as to what I have to disassemble to get at the bulbs. Can anybody, erm, shed a light on this matter?
Thanks, Timo
Switch of power, disconnect the battery. Pull the steering wheel towards you when you sit in the drivers seat. Unscrew the top 2 screws of the gauges cluster. Next pull the gauges cluster to you, unplug the wires at the back. Next twist and pull the gauge cluster to you. The lamps can be remove by twisting and pulling. Assemble is reverse of the disassemble.
Best regards, Marcel, '92 525i @ 337dKm.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/capacitors.htm