e36 window failure - resolution.

The circuit that controls the windows/sunroof had become slow to initialize after starting my e36. Eventually, it died altogether. Many have faced this problem and I just wanted to take the time to post
a solution that worked for me.
Replacing the blue relay (underneath the driver's side dash directly beneath steering column), also known as the "comfort relay", fixed the problem. Anybody with a phillips screwdriver and about $35 (at the dealership parts dept.) can pull this off and save some $$.
Eric

flat screwdriver. Open the relay and you will see a dry joint on the relay itself. Repair that and it is as good as new.
From Clive
Good call Clive. However, I was just posting a simple "swap" solution that would be easy for most anyone to handle.
Eric