E39 air con control prob

Hi I am considering buying an E39, which has a strange quirk on the aircon control.
On the passenger side, the unit has 2 'Red' increase symbols, but it works
correctly (ie. one is increase, and one is decrease) I am told that it costs around 17.50 to replace the panel... but that sounds too good to me.
My question is..... Can the panel be replaced easily?? or just the button (ie. to reflect a Blue cold symbol, rather than 2 'Red' hot buttons).
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
BMW do not sell buttons. I had to buy a complete panel in order to replace fan speed buttons. Can't remember the price but it was quite cheap. Note that it has a white marker drawn on the surface if it is sold as a "button replacement kit" so you can only use the buttons, not the panel.
-- Johan

Perhaps SWMBO only liked it hot or hotter? ;-)
--
*Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm *