Exhaust rumbles E46 M3

I may get seriously flamed for this but here goes: is there a muffler available that would make my 2001 M3 sound more like an American V8? I like the stock M3's exhaust note but I have a soft spot for the sound of a small
block Chevy and other American muscle cars.

Not really, other than a recording and a big pair of speakers. The characteristic sound of a V-8 is due to the cam timing of the engine which can then be acoustically "tuned" with different exhaust components. A six cylinder, straight or "V" just doesn't sound the same. Even a V-10 and V-12 is minus the characteristic timing sound of a V-8.
Eisboch
That's sort of what I thought you would say. Would you recommend a muffler/exhaust system that would at least head in that direction?
Thanks!
Chris

I don't think you will get the sound of a V8 by changing the exhaust. Why not optimize the sound of an E46 M3 with one of the performance aftermarket exhausts made for it. (Kreissieg or similar)
Of course, you could always trade it in on an E90 M3. It *has* a V8!
Eisboch

Virtually all I've come across, SuperSprint, Milltec etc make it sound more Ferrari than Chevy. Higher pitch etc, not lower.

That's the sound of a flat plane crankshaft V8. Fair makes the hair on the back of me neck stand up, it does.
--
Dan.

Thanks for the insight, everyone.