... but seriously folks ...

"CLUNK" appeared very soon after [maybe the next day] adjusting the clutch, because I had to go all the way to the floor to change gears ... I stood the keg up straight, removed the beer cans from the engine compartment, and scraped the body guy off the underside of the bus, but it still is going CLUNK, when I lift my foot off the clutch and start to move.

diane

Reply to
::: Diane aka JeWitchT :::

Dian...................Is the bus body attached to the reaer end similarly to the Beetle?....................This is asked to help ID situation/issue.

I have had a couple of beetles that did similar things and was just more pronounced once a good clutch was involved.............more torque applied to rear end..................

Possibly just a loose body mount or rear end mount of some sort.............Check for spaces at mounting areas and gete back with us again.

( also check the nose cone are of tranny to be sure it's attached firmly and no spaces are visible at it's mounting points. I have had one seperate a mount once and it did just exactly what you describe.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:48:20 GMT, "Chris Phillips" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Are you suggesting that someone would take a VW offroad? Hmm... I'll have to look into this...

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis