E46 M3 odd sound

Hi. I've noticed a rather odd sound coming from the rear of my car, a 2001 M3 Coupe. It sort of sounds like "whooooph-whooooph". It's a low frequency sound and is usually heard while making low-speed left turns. Has anyone heard this as well?

Reply to
sgfan3

It's the diff and is "normal" behaviour. BMW can sell you some "enhanced" oil to try to resolve the problem.

Reply to
adder1969

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:44:08 -0500, "sgfan3" waffled on about something:

Hard to go on a text version of a sound, but could it be a wheel bearing?

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

On an e36 I had a sound that I woud describe the same way, turned out to be one of the rims was slightly out of round, so when turning it enhanced the pressure on the "oblong" wheel and made the defect more noticable.

Reply to
Corey Shuman

Thanks!

Reply to
sgfan3

It's your checkbook!

Reply to
Bmrdude

No - that's a GIANT sucking sound..

Reply to
admin

so true!!! :)

Reply to
sgfan3

My gut instinct is that you have a wheel bearing going out.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I'd put money on it being the diff. Skip over to

adder1969