how to sell a BMW?

I've got a BMW to sell and no one seems interested.
It's been in AutoTrader and on Craig's list for a week. I've added it to Ebay and the local (San Jose) paper.
I'm even asking three grand UNDER Kelly Blue Book. It's a perfectly good car, in excellent shape, but so far, not a single bite. Any suggestions on anything else I should try?
(It's a 2000 540iT with 65,000 miles.)
On Tue, 23 May 2006 03:35:32 +0000, ELD wrote:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f  http://www.bmwcca.org /
If you have taken good car of the car, the folks that appreciate such a thing will be found above. A forum and roundel magazine/online classified ads. I believe you have to have a bmw CCA membership.. so if you have another bmw, it would be worth it. Honestly, the forums will get it sold pretty fast.
ELD wrote:

3 things:
1) It's a station wagon. These are *not* hot sellers in the US.
2) It's a V8. People are now looking at fuel economy even when considering performance cars. Personally, if I were considering an E39 I would be looking at the 6 cylinders. V8's are extra complexity and maintenance costs with very little difference in performance. Plus yours has a RB steering box which is nowhere as good as rack and pinion in steering feel.
3) You must have it priced too high for the market. Price it right and it will sell no matter what it is...
--
-Fred W

if you price it that far below market, i know it sounds counterintuitive, but people might wonder what's wrong with it.
it helps to post the VIN, mileage, and pics if you haven't done that. i'm looking for a 3-series sedan on the east coast and i've learned through my experiences that it's aggravating when sellers don't post that info. usually if they don't, i've discovered it's for a reason.
Thanks to everyone for the advice.
eric
Put a sign in the window that says, "$5000" <or whatever>, then line that out and put a new price of $4000. This will tell potential buyers that you realize yoru initial price was too high, and you've lowered the price just for them. Be sure to take the car out of your garage and put it where people can actually see the sign.

also try http://www.cars.com . i think that site directly competes with autotrader so a lot of people check that site out as well.