To sell or not to sell...............

Just been bid on my Landrover - what do I do..............???

Defender 90 County - 7 seater

300 tdi - 68K gen with full service history ( most main dealer ) Just done the cam belt

Years MOT

Tahiti blue

Alloys with 285 BF mud terrains - new this summer

Excellent gerneral condition, could do with a valet

Chaps bid me 8k and won't budge - I want to sell but feel its a low offer

Help!

Regards

Lee

Reply to
Phantom

Year ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Phantom

snip

Not a great time of year to be shifting any vehicle, have a search on the autotrader website, check the pricing on similar spec landies, see if what you actually *want* for it is realistic in the market. Bear in mind dealers will be more open to negotiation at this time of year too.

If you need the cash now and the 8k sounds reasonable after the research, open with explaining why it's worth what you are asking and what *doesn't* need doing to it. Tell him it's his for 8.5k, you can wait until the new year if you have to. Let him explain why it's only worth 8k.

If you can wait, valet it properly in the new year and advertise it again. Keep it clean and make sure it's spotless before any viewings.

With a bit of luck the new year may bring some decent snow which will focus the buyers minds somewhat :-).

Good luck !

Reply to
scruttocks

On or around Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:36:58 +0000 (UTC), "Phantom" enlightened us thusly:

There's a '98 with lower mileage than yours currently sitting at 8850-odd on ebay with 20 hours to go.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That sounds low to me as well; I think you should be looking nearer £10k (on the basis of info provided). There is no comparision between a Defender and a Disco; the latter are cheap as chips because the market is flooded. People still want Defenders...

If you can hold out for a better price.

M.

( 300tdi 90 Defender, 1994, absolutely not interested in selling.)

Reply to
McBad

And you can pick up clean Disco II's for 9k nowadays, that has to be considered when valuing an older model. personally, I'd take the 8k and run for a '96 model! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:25:53 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

although 90s seem to fetch more than discos. Especially disco Is.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That's what I was thinking - you see similar 90's to mine in the mags

9 -11k.

Decisions, decisions!!

Lee

Reply to
Phantom

On or around Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:47:33 +0000 (UTC), "Phantom" enlightened us thusly:

Trouble with adverts in comics, you never normally find out what they actually sold for.

try watching a few similar ones on ebay, see what they run to, is my way of judging things. eBay seems to reflect the market reasonably accurately, provided you have enough samples. There's always the odd one that ends up cheap, but these days, super-ebay-bargains are rare - too many clued-up people on it now :-(

Reply to
Austin Shackles