is250 vs. 325i

Page 7 of 7
(Richard Sexton) wrote:

Actually, the old 240Z from 1970-73 had a 2.4 liter engine that was bulletproof. It was a larger version of the engine used in the old Datsun 510 (1968-73). The main problem with those old Datsuns wasn't the engine or lack of parts, but that the steel body on them were so thin that most rusted out, even here in California.
In general, Toyota/Lexus may be a bit more reliable than BMW. However, you buy a BMW for the way it drives. If you don't notice a difference or can't appreciate it, then get the Toyota.
Btw, if you look under the hood of a Lexus, most parts say Toyota, so yes, it is a TOYOTA!

Look under the hood of a Benz and the parts all say Daimler-Chrysler.
So they're nothing but Chryslers. Interesting...
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Yeah. What's your point? Does this somehow relate to a BMW?
Good thing most of us in the lexus and bmw newsgroups don't give a rats behind about MBs...
--
-Fred W

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

I look under the hood of my Jeep and it says "Daimler-Chrysler".
So they're nothing but Benzes ... =8^D -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drove that)
Some years ago I used to receive the monthly mag of the ADAC, the largest German motorists' organization (equivalent to UK's AA but many more members and, I suppose the USA's AAA), quite regularly. Once a year they would publish their breakdown/rescue stats, which made interesting reading. Only brands that sold more than 10 000 cars per year were included.
It was a very rough-and-ready table but put three Japanese brands at the top (seemingly most reliable) in every class they were represented. I recall Mazda and Toyota - maybe Honda was the third.
Thing is, the results were not normalised for usage. Thus Merc S-Class performed relatively poorly in these tables but what was omitted was the fact that such cars tended to be very high-mileage vehicles.
Make of it what you will.
DAS
"Richard Sexton" < snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net> wrote in message
news:ebqhek$qhm$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

define infinitely...
--
-Fred W

I would forget the IS 250 and 325I and look at the IS 350 and 330I. I went through the same decision and ended up with the IS 350. The 330I was a very nice looking car and had the best ride of anything that I have driven, but the IS 350 has lots of power and lots of cool gadgets. The IS 350 also has a very good ride, and since I spend most of my driving time stuck in traffic, the curve handling performance is not important.
It is also cool to turn on the Power button, disable the VDIM, and smoke your tires in the IS 350!

Robert A. Cibiras wrote:

Go with the Lexus. Trust me. If I had it to do over again, I would never have bought this German car. I will NEVER buy another German car.
----- Kill ratio of Palestinian children to Israeli children 5.7-to-1, Israel's favor. Kill ratio of all Palestinians to Israelis: over 3-to-1. --------- http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/print/mear01_.html ---------- "Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." ---Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 2001
--
Cliff

JonB, (So, do they call you "Sloop"? I would...), Good to see another 2-wheel commuter on this board!
I'm just now in the market for new tires for my road bike. Flatted the front last night; 4-wheeler decided he had the right-of-way and I skidded to a hard stop. Now I have that thump-thump-thump from the flat spot.
What've you owned & which have you liked? ...I'm leaning towards the Continental Ultra Gatorskins; heavy but bulletproof from what I've read. Thx&Rgds...pay
BTW - If you can find any, I swear by the Scott Matthauser brake pads.
snipped-for-privacy@tention.com wrote:

Why is there no alt.motorcycles.bmw? I would subscribe to that in a heartbeat!!
--
-Fred W