Left Lower Dash Panel-E36

Trying to replace the heater fan speed control in my 97 328 following directions in the Bentley and some I found in Bimmerforms.
I've removed the three screws that hold the left lower dash panel
(drivers knee bolster) but even pulling quite hard it won't release.
Have I missed something? Afraid I'll break it if I try to pull any harder.
Appreciate any help / suggestions
Frank