Old car, oil filter options.

I just bought a 1991 750iL, and while the German Mann or other brand oil filters probably are reliable, and with high capacity for dirt, they are still paper filters, and probably don't catch much particles
less than 20 micron in size. The new fleece/synthetic filters appears to be excellent, and catching the soot particles that make the oil dirty, so the oil stays honey colored.
Are there any modern/synthetic oil filters with smaller pore size available for older BMWs?
Jan
Are you planning on using dino or synthetic oil? If dino, why not just change the oil more often, e.g., every 3-4K. If synthetic, change oil every 7-10K miles, but if you're concerned about the filter, why not just changed the filter every 4-5K?
On my 1990 535i, 5spd, 101K, I use Mahle OX41D oil filters. It comes with the gasket/o-ring kit. For $3 each, bought through my local auto parts store, its cheap and easy to change. Since I use dino oil, I just change oil more regularly. Why pay more?
I am using synthetic oil, currently Mobil 1, 0W-40. I probably will follow the manual, which I think says 7500 miles as oil change interval. I am not sure changing the filter more often would change anything, as it does not seem like the filter gets loaded to capacity.
For my skiing vehicle, a 1996 Bronco, there are currently filters like Ultraguard Gold, Mobile 1, K&N that has superior flow, and multiple pass particle trapping efficiency better than that of an original Motorcraft filter. These are probably inferior to the fleece filters made by Mann for Mercedes, but still an improvement.
I was simply wondering whenther anybody knows about a supplier that makes BMW filters in a material superior to paper.
Probably the OEM paper oil filter is sufficient for longevity, engine oil that doesn't get loaded with soot, and stays light simply appeals to the perfectionist in me.
Jan