Problem with convertible top on 1991 325ic, E30

Looking for ideas and/ or recommendations on how to solution this issue.
When closing my doors the window pinches the edges of convertible top. I either have to lower the window roughly - 1 inch to close the
door, or pull up the edge from outside (when possible) before closing the door.
This soft top is an after market replacement in good condition.
Thanks, Andy
My convertable -- a '94 325 -- lowers the windows when the doors are opened, then raises them again when the doors are closed. It does all of this to prevent that which you are complaining of.
Looking for ideas and/ or recommendations on how to solution this issue.
When closing my doors the window pinches the edges of convertible top. I either have to lower the window roughly - 1 inch to close the door, or pull up the edge from outside (when possible) before closing the door.
This soft top is an after market replacement in good condition.
Thanks, Andy

(fixed the top-posting)
E30 cabriolet did not have that very useful refinement.
has it just started doing this? the rubber strip on the edge of the roof on my E30 cabriolet is shaped, like a P and the window glass fits aganst it ... like so: P___
its possibe the wrong rubber peice was fitted when the roof was replaced?

I had the same problem on mine. I just lowered the windows a bit when i knew someone was going to come in. Save the hassle of garages and losing time with the car

keith wrote:

Keith, this is a standard situation on e30 cabrio's I just leave the windows down a slight amount when closing them or if I am in bad weather I close them with the window up and roll the weather strip out from under the window.
I think the 92 e30 cabrio's had the same mechanism as the e36 which lowered the window a tad when the door was opened and then closed it after the door closed.
My guess is you have all the right parts and just have to learn to live with it.
Cheers, Bob

Thanks Bob.
Andy, the OP, was wondering about it. I've not seen an E30 with that feature, not even the M. My '93 E30 dosent have it, and its as close to end of line as it gets. On my car, the door window fits snugly to the rubber seal when closing the door, dosen't catch or snag. The top of the glass does sometimes catch the rear quater lights, if they have been raised too far. Its a small prce to pay for an wonnderful car!
keith

No. My '92 E30 does not have this mechanism. It was definitely introduced with the E36 - and widely announced by BMW.
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
My (other-famous-German-brand) convertible from 2001 does the same as yours, Jeff.
DAS
"Jeff Strickland" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:__udnZQ0N4SuyFnenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ez2.net...