REAR enginged 635CSi V8!!!!!

If you fancy a laugh have a look at ebay item 160197957572.
An E24 with a big American V8 in the back! Why??

Because he's an Essex monkey. But why, why *WHY*, do that to the nicest BMW of all time? <burn the herrtic!> I do know of an E24 which had an 850CSi engine/drivetrain 'transplant though (for which I would *willingly* sell my soul to Satan)
JB

Why not just get the 850CSi which it was designed for and had better dynamics, frills etc. or even better a current 645i or similar (although the price might be several souls to satan)?

The reason he did this was money; (ie: he didn't have much), and his 540Tourer caught the nikasil virus. His Dad used to run a breakers yard which had in a rolled 850CSi from which he got the engine/dirvetrain and many ancills. Took him 3 months to do the conversion he said, the worst part being the pipework for the exhaust. Very tidy job in the end, but I wouldn't have fancied working in that engine bay. A gynaecologist would be better than a mech I'd reckon.
JB

I have a pic of a 635 like that built by BMW, it was the test mule for the V12 5.0. Had enlarged front wings (wider track) and the four speed auto from the 750iL.

engine of the lot. (except perhaps that CSi lump above) but all properly prepared by BMW engineers.
JB

Bad drugs, probably. --scott

John - you can't be that naive - can you or no drag cars in the wilds of Scotland?
It is obviously a Drag car
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor