Another ebay item!

A few weeks ago the user 7808mg was selling off the air intakes from a Vectra describing them as sold by a company for the Astra. Two sellers are now doing it again using exactly the same pictures. Are people really stupid enough to pay over the top prices?

and -

If you want the air intake and the small adapter to fit to the airbox you can buy them from any Vauxhall main dealer for £13 inc VAT. It will make NO difference to performance when fitted to the Astra. I hate seeing people ripped off.

Reply to
Ron

Good idea to make a few quid though. As I said originally, I've done this mod, and it does definately allow better breathing - going by threads on the AstraSport forum as well, it does appear to liberate a few BHP (we're talking like, 2 or 3, nothing exciting here).

Reply to
Iridium

Umm well, it's rife on ebay and among vehicle manufacturers. The same part described in different ways sells for stupidly different prices. So (for example) I can get a remote key fob for my vehicle from Ford for around 200 quid, or I can buy one from Sears in the USA for $15. Same part, oh except the Sears part is actually for a Mustang and when used with the Exploder it gives the extra function of being able to open the tailgate remotely without opening the other doors.

The brake disks and pads can be bought from Ford or I can buy them from Mazda for 1/10th the price because they are for the B200/Ranger pickup.

And so it goes.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There's a site somewhere which compare car parts prices and gives you the info on which manufacturer is the cheapest to buy the part from, I wish I could find it again...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)