Turning on features

I just bought a 2002 325i. When I remotely lock or unlock the car it doesn't have a visual or audible signal to tell me it did something. I mean no light flashing or beep or anything. Is there a way to turn
this on? My owners manual says I can but it doesn't tell me how
Any ideas?
Thanks - jon
We just purchased a 2003 325XI and we are having the same problem. Hope someone can answer this.
snipped-for-privacy@uwgb.edu wrote:

Sadly I just got an e-mail back from a BMW dealership saying that it can be done but they have to do it. They said it takes about a half an hour and they charge 100 bucks per hour. Any other ideas?
Thanks - jon

takes about 15 minutes tops, and most dealers will do it free once a year, at least here in Chicago. Even the ones that won't will do it when you take your car in for some other service, as a courtesy. You might try another dealership if possible.     epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Yeah I thought that was kind of crappy. Anyway you know of to do this yourself? Can you hook these cars upto your computer somehow and do it yourself. Sorry if thats a stupid question
Thanks - jon

This is a dealer's [politish] way of telling you that they have plenty of business and don't want yours - go somewhere else and tell 11 other people...