The car is less than 1 year old. It was bought at a dealer company.
All technical equipment and additional options was set only in spetial
One day I was driving my BMW-X5, but suddenly it burnt up on the road!
I was talkiing to the dealer company and to BMW AG, but they answered:
Dear Mr. ......,
Thank you very much for your writing.
We are sorry that you have to face to those troubles. We have got your
concerning that case and then we connected with our dealer company in
As we heard, your car was tested and it was found that there is not
original BMW unit in it.
So our problem is still staying unsolved.
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.bmw /
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
Is this a joke? You had some modifications performed by a non-dealer shop
and now you want BMW to pick up the bill? What exactly was done to the car
under "all technical equipment and additional options"?
Burnt up? What happened exactly? It caught fire and burned to the ground?
I'm with Pete on this one. The amount of information in you post is very
1) Who is the "dealer company"? A genuine BMW distributor/dealer in your
2) What do you mean by "All technical equipment and additional options was
set only in spetial auto-service"?
3) What do you mean by "One day I was driving my BMW-X5, but suddenly it
burnt up on the road!"? Did the vehicle catch fire?
4) If the vehicle caught fire, was the cause due to a non genuine accessory?
5) If the vehicle caught fire, then you should pursue this with your
insurance company. If they can prove that the cause of the fire was due to
a manufacturing defect, then they should send a copy of the fire
investigation report to the distributor.
6) Are there any Recalls outstanding on your vehicle that could have caused
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.