Laying a car up for 1 year

Hi,

My brother is off to China for a year, possibly longer, and is leaving his

1.4i Fiesta with air-con with my parents.

Both my parents have a car anyway and would rather not have to use the Fiesta as part of their usual routine.

So the question is, what's the best/easiest way of laying it up for a year?

I suppose they could take it out once a month and give the air-con and brakes a whirl for 20 minutes? Or is more/less needed? Ideally looking for minimum effort whilst not creating any problems.

Thanks,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Evans

Aircon wants 10 minutes a week.

If he's going to China for a year he'd be better off selling the Fester.

Reply to
Conor

It's a fiesta not like it's something he couldn't replace in a years time? ;-)

Then he can take the cash with him and enjoy himself. :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

He could bring back a nice new shiny Chinese Rover for half the money :-)

Reply to
Taz

The message from "Taz" contains these words:

At this rate he could get a nice shiny British Rover for half the money.

Reply to
Guy King

Assuming he lasts a year. I can just see him coming home after a week.

Apparently he's being paid something like four or five times the chinese average wage, so should have plenty of 'local' cash anyhow.

Reply to
Andy Evans

'possibly longer' - sell it

Reply to
MrGrumpy

Point out the fact it'll LOSE money whilst its sat there. If he sold it now, he could buy a newer car later.

Reply to
Conor

Car, or company?

Reply to
SimonJ

Sell it, stick the money in a high interest account, buy a better car in a year.

Reply to
SimonJ