Re: Car of the Year????

"Holden" is THE Australian car - owned by US General Motors since the 40s - Holden have been manufacturing cars in Oz since the 20s.

They recently jumped onto the RV bandwagon with an all wheel drive model (Adventra), but priced way out of the range of most family buyers.

As a matter of interest, one of their local made cars (Holden Monaro) is being sold in the US as a Pontiac GTO.

I don't know anything about the Australian market. Are Holden's part of > the old guard or a more recent brand? Is this model new or recently new? > Its most likely a marketing ploy and nothing more. I doubt many people > will look at that matchup much differently than you have. Hopefully, > right? :-)
Reply to
David Coggins

Further to the above, Holden Adventra uses the same 5.7 litre V8 engine as the Pontiac GTO (aka Holden Monaro) - it develops 300hp in Australia, 350hp in the US - and they compare it with a 2.5 litre Forester.

See

David Coggins

Maybe its just me, but i thought the US motortrend car of the year was a big let down.. i mean come on..

has anyone heard what Truck of the year is??

Reply to
JohnnieBlue