WTD: late model BMW in need of engine work

Just wondering - if someone has a later model BMW which maybe has a broken timing belt or something major with the engine, and they're interested in selling, please email me at: mjmalin(at)wisc(dot)edu
Looking for manual transmission and a car that is otherwise in nice condition.

None of us would contact you about our beloved broken BMW; you obviously don't know and care enough about BMWs, since all modern BMWs (since around '91) have timing CHAINS.
Floyd
wrote

Perhaps by "late model" he means late 80's?
-Fred W
wrote

Sorry, but I thought some of the 4 cylinder engines had belts still?? Maybe only UK spec cars fitted with those particular engines?? Badger.

At least Badger and Jeff got my feeble attempt at humor. Paul totally is out of it.
AFAIK, "late model" is about the last 5 years or so. Note the guy is from Wisconsin, USA: no 4-cylinder cars over here in the US.
Floyd

No.
--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*

fbloogyudsr wrote:

e28, 528i is what mjm is most likely looking for. with reply's like your short sighted one, why would anyone come here for some help?