Best year late model Explorer

Thinking of buying a late model explorer (2000-2005) Are any year models better than others? Any years to avoid? thanks.

Get an '02 or newer. They were completely redsigned in '02. wth

2002 was the first year of the new design. Usually a first year model has a few bugs in them, so I would try for a 2003 or later. 2001 was the last year of the design which started in 95, so most of the bugs were gone by then. The 2000 should be fine also.
i have a 2000 Limited and it has been a pretty good auto.
However, Consumer Reports did not rate the 2000 as a good car.
Thinking of buying a late model explorer (2000-2005) Are any year models better than others? Any years to avoid? thanks.

Except for a 4WD control module, which was replaced under warranty, our '01 Sport Trac has been flawless.
Dave