Late Model 2001

I have a 2001 GT. One of the things that I have been noticing is that certain bolt-on parts distinguish between early and late 2001 models. So:

1) What changes were made between a early and late model 2001? 2) How can I tell which one I have?

thanks!

Reply to
Brian Ober

umm.. look at the sticker in the driver's side door frame to see the date of manufacture ??? It should be something like a blue and white sticker, just under where the door latches on the body of the car. look on the upper left corner of the tag, it will say DATE

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top #1600 mfg date: 3/98
Reply to
SVTKate

The sticker may or may not help. The only bolt-on that comes to mind that would be effected are the pullies. Mid '01, Ford switched to a shorter nose water pump that would have a differently dished pulley. The belt routing changed at or around the same time also. For the pullies, it's best to look at Steeda's website where they show the difference. Compare yours to the pictures to determine what you have.

Reply to
Keith

Didn't they also switch from the T-45 to the 3650(?) on the late '01's also?

Reply to
Mike King

Yes. Somewhere the trans changed, although I don't remember exactly when. Either the '00 or '01 model year, and it was part way through.

Reply to
Keith

I believe the manual transmissions changed mid-year from the T45 to the T3650

Reply to
Victor DiMichina

Brian,

You can find the build date of your GT by contacting a local Ford dealer and asking for an OASIS report. You'll need to provide them with the VIN (which can be found on the certification label on the driver's door), and from that they can tell you of any outstanding recalls, as well as the warranty start date and build date of your vehicle. As others have pointed out, there was a mid-year change in the 5-speed transmissions, from the T45 to the Tremec

3650. When you check the vehicle certification label, the transmission code should be a 'K' if it's the Tremec. Unless you have an automatic, in which case, ignore that last bit. :)

Hope this helps.

Reply to
RayS