1995 Cadillac SLS

65,000 miles, doesn't shift into 2nd or 3rd gear. No lights on in dash to indicate a problem. What do I do now?

If you turn the key to the ON position but do not start and simultaneously hold down the OFF and WARMER buttons on the temp controls, do you get any codes coming up on the dash? If so, you can look them up here..... http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html Off the top of my head it sounds like the shift solenoids went out. Any decent trans shop can handle it. If it is the solenoids, don't get sold a rebuild job or overhaul. Not needed in that case.