Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition: 2nd row bench seats?

I've been searching for a 2004-2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition with a second row BENCH seat, not captain's chairs. Does a 2nd row bench exist for the Platinum edition? I really want to fit 3 people
across there, and though the 3rd rows seat is a bench, the 3rd row leg room is pathetic (kids only).
Thanks in advance.
-The Derfer
The Derfer wrote:

How would the third row passengers get back there if they used a bench seat? That is why you cannot find one.
--
Steve W.

Steve W. wrote:

maybe it faces backward...
SEcond row bench seats are normally divided 2/3-1/3, so the jump seat can fold down or fold and slide forward to allow access to the third row seat. This is the way Suburbans have done second row bench seats for years, and the Cadillac Escalade is a jazzed-up Suburban or Tahoe. I don't know for a fact Escalades work that way, but my assumption is that they do. Roy

writes

You are exactly right. You can fold the backrest (either 1/3, 2/3, or both) forward onto the cushion, and then tilt the whole seat forward through 90. On Escalades sold in UK, the entire operation can be performed by pushing a button on the roof, next to the sunroof controls; the latches are released electrically, in sequence, and the folding is spring-assisted.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis
The original question is still out there: did any Platinum editions come with the 2nd row bench seat or was that not an option from '04-'06?

I called a Cadillac dealership today. Answer is: no, Platinum edition only came with the captain's chairs. So much for USENET as a valuable resource. Oh well, it's not 1994 anymore.

writes

seat in the middle row?
--
Regards