add third row seats

Does anyone know: if I buy a used Series I or II Discovery without the third-row seating, can I add in the two seats from a wrecker? The five seaters are a lot more common but we'd like the facility to carry 7.

Regards, Caleb

Reply to
Spin

In message , Spin writes

Anything can be done.

It is more effort than doing it on the early ones.

You need to fit the "latches" into the floor for the seats to lock into (very important due to the seat belts).

Also someone on here did mention that the Disco II only got type approval with SLS (air suspension) on the 7 seat models. So converting a coiler might breech some form of overly retentive rule and make your insurance invalid.

To me it would be much easier to start with a seven seater and know it is all OK (as OK as a LR ever gets)

good luck

Reply to
Marc Draper

There aint no latches in the floor of my Disco 1 ES 7 saeter but is a chance that there may not be anchors for the seatbelts in a 5 seater.

Peter.

Reply to
Pete S

That's Because I was talking about the Disco II.

7 seat disco 1's are so cheap it is not an issue.
Reply to
Marc Draper

Just bought a 5-seat Disco II (99), so I may not bother with the effort. I would hate to put something in and have it give way in an accident.

Thanks guys, Caleb

Reply to
Spin