92 V6 3.1L Static in Radio Short or Intermittent Connection

Anybody run across this before... The radio gets static real bad in AM and somewhat in FM... If I happen to be in cruise, the cruise control will slow the car, then
speed it up like it is missing at the exact moment the radio gets the static... This is intermittent but has seriously increased in frequency of occurrence... It seems to run smooth with just my foot on the gas and not using cruise because my foot doesn't respond to the "static" but the cruise does...
I suspect an intermittent short, loose wire, intermittent connector, intermittent ground wire... I also wonder if it could be a shorting fuel injector... Any common connection problems..??.. How do you find a shorting injector..??..