98' Z28 belt tensioner question

There are TWO identical pulleys used for the ideler and tensioner for the INNER serpentine belt ( AC ), and both have flat smooth surfaces. When I tried to buy replacments for these, the parts people tell me
they aren't listed, and try to give me the OUTER ( much wider ) tensioner and ideler pulleys. 1) What gives here? Is the wider pulley( smooth ) meant to be a replacment for the narrower one? It seems to me like this not correct.
Is this a dealer only item?
Any thoughts on this?
thanks, mike s 08/07/04