Serpentine belt tensioner

I moved the tensioner out of the way and removed the belt. Now the tensioner is stuck where I moved it to. Is the spring bad? If so, how do you replace? It looks as if the tensioner assembly is part of a larger housing.

Reply to
gr8dad23

wrote

What vehicle, what engine? Sounds as though you are working on a 3800..and if so....yeah, the tensioner can be part of the entire rear bracket.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai