Female Needs Your Help!!!

I had no idea where to post this because the are are so many "auto" and "car" groups on the web, but I will try this one?? My older brother who
is in the army, is giving me his car because he doesn't have time for it anymore because of his army duties. It is a 1981 Chevy Camaro with a V8 305 engine. Now, because he has been away for so long, the car has basically just sat in the garage in the same spot for almost 6 years now and hasn't moved. The battery is now dead, and the car has not run in about 5 years as well.
So my question is, what has to be done/checked to make sure the car is driveable?? I know that it needs a new battery. I also know that the gasoline should be changed as well. The old gas needs to be pumped out, and new gas poured in. I also read somewhere that if a car sits in the same spot ( like this one has ) for many years, that it ruins the tires, and they need to be replaced. But what else should be done?? What about changing the oil and antifreeze??? What about checking the brakes??? So can all you smart tech guys help this gal out and give me some info. and advice??? I really would appreciate it!!! Thank you!!!
MICHELLE H. wrote:

First of all, thank you for your response, I really do appreciate it!!! But I do have one more question, is a 1981 Camaro considered a collectable car because it is the last year of the second generation Camaro, and the last year of the "big body" style. Because in 1982 the third generation Camaros and Firebirds went to the smaller body style. So is 1981 a collectable???
MICHELLE H. wrote:

that is basiclly it also you have to set the timeing right. Also check the hoses for dry rot and to change the belts. And do take theold gas out and change the fuel filter.
loki13 wrote:

hoses for dry rot and to change the belts. And do take theold gas out and change the fuel filter.

dry rot or to plasticize. I've seen 'em both.