flooded wont start

I have a 94 camaro z28, and I ran out of gas. I put gas in it and it flooded. I waited a few hours and it still wont start, is there a fuel shut off fuse or switch that may have tripped?

Have you checked the fuel pump, perhaps you never ran out of gas to begin with, or when you did the fuel pump went bad.
-- Leo

no. Break the fuel line loose at th carb and check to see if your receiving fuel to that point. If not, check the fuel pump...
word has it (from me)
if you run out of gas, the injecters can malfuction. and close up, I was advised to check these and /or replace them . id you are getting frel from the fuel pump, then the injectors might have gone bad, or clogged.
my sources are (me) cause this happened to my maro when i ran outa gas. :P 1) check fuel pump, 2) check injectors if 1 is ok.

CIBmike wrote:

It is quite possible for the fuel pump to fry itself when/if you run out of gas. It won't usually happpen the first time, but if it's happened multiple times it much more likely. It's one of the reasons they tell you to be very careful to not run out of gas with a fuel injected engine as the pump is cooled and lubricated by the gas.
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer