headliner glue!!

Whats the best stuff for falling headliner? I've tried one already and it fell three days later. any input would help. thanks

Whats the best stuff for falling headliner? I've tried one already and it fell three days later. any input would help. thanks
95 camaro wrote:

3M Super Trim Adhesive. Are you trying to glue the old headliner back up? That won't work as the foam backing just deteriorates.
95 camaro wrote:

I had the same problem. In the end, I decided to stitch the cloth to the board. The board already has holes in it, so that makes it easier. It's quite some work, but with two people, each on one side of the board, you can do a really thorough job with thread and needle.
Bram
I haven't a clue. We are on our third headliner in our 1987 Camaro. Do you think that maybe GM coated the roof with something that de-activates glue after a period of time? Graybeard

Graybeard wrote:

Glue has nothing to do with it. It's that the foam backing oxidizes and as it does so and crumbles (the surface at least) the glue ends up holding powder instead of the foam.
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI