LT1 Fuel Regulator- Pressure Problem

Has anyone changed out the fuel regulator on their LT1 Camaro? My 95 is not maintaining pressure when the key is turned off- reportedly there is a check
valve in the fuel pump and one in the regulator. Changing the fuel pump involves dropping the gas tank- my mechanic says it's quite time consuming. The problem is extended cranking to start the engine- problem goes away if you bump the key a few times before starting it. Not sure if it's worth the expense to drop the fuel tank right now but would like more info on the regulator if anyone here has had this problem.