stalling

When coming to a stop the idle gets so low that it will stall. Any suggestions (87 iroc)

I had that problem with my 86 IROC. Could be the distributor I know this sounds odd. Or the Fuel Pump. My distributor was all worn the fly weights where not moving the way they should be & the whole thing was way to slow to react. Plus my Fuel pump was shot it would pump up enough pressure to keep the gas flowing but when I was idling the fuel pressure would drop. & then bang she'd stall. The Fuel pump Mechanical was $23.99 & a bit of time 2 hours putting it in. The distributor was a quick & easy replacement.Also check your vacuum lines. Good Luck
Redsled 86 IROC 305 4BBL

My '86 camaro had a problem like that. My mass airflow sensor went bad and it would stall, and accelerate ruogh sometimes until it got warm. If the check engine light comes on, it may be a sensor.
Cut back on the fuel.