84 Sentra stalling coming to stop

Anyone have any ideas where to start looking for problems? The car will start and idle fine. It sometimes doesn't stall when slowing from a slow engine speed. But stalls almost everytime when coming to a stop from any speed greater that a walk. Myself I think it might be a plugged jet or orifice in the carb or maybe a vacumn leak. However there is a cable from or to the carb from the transmission (auto) that might effect how the engine decelerates?? I tried raising the idle speed but there seemed to be no improvement.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
Ron

B.McNeill

"B.McNeill" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net:

Thanks for the suggestion... I looked about on the web after reading your reply and I'd have to agree that's the place to start looking.

Reply to
Ron