Vectra cutting out when coming to a stop

hi i have a 1.8 vauxhall vectra on a T plate. I am having a problem with it cutting out when ever i come to a stop ie traffic lights etc. It has just had new plugs, oil change and new filter. does anybody have any ideas what this can be. i wondered if it needed tuning but dont know how to do it myself.

Cheers alan

Reply to
alanharlock

I have found that they suffer quite a bit from collapsing / holed / blocked air and vacuum pipes, so look there first, next stop will be the IACV which may need cleaning. There is not really anything to 'tune' on a modern vehicle, everything is automatic and computer controlled.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

the Ecotec is well known for PCV blockages, split pipework, sticking ISCV's, throttle body muck and other issues like this which cause no end of low speed / idling problems.

It should have the retrofitted breather box and modded ISCV fitted (an X on the end of the partnumber). If somehow its escaped from the mods get it down first.

Have the throttle body cleaned (til spotless) and all the vacuum pipes checked / replaced.

If it's still playing up, go straight to the EGR valve and blank it off with a metal plate.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

But that would then throw up a fault code for lack of egr flow, unless you get (if its available for that model) the ecu reprogrammed to ignore the egr flow. I have just had this aggro with a Corsa egr, in the end I fitted a new egr (still gave aggro) added a filter below the egr and spaced the egr upwards. This cured the problems at the expense of a lot of time and head scratching. (the ecu reprogram to do without an egr was not available for this particular Corsa, or I would have gone that route)

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

hi, alot of vauxhalls seem to have problems with the egr valves malfunctioning it would also bring your engine management light on - the only other common fault i can thing of is a coil pack

Reply to
markdunn.sonyplaystation3

..

thanks for your help guys will look at your suggestions

Reply to
alanharlock

I'm pretty certain that the Simtec 56.1 ECU doesnt monitor EGR flow via the MAF like Fords do, so a plate under the valve will not bring on the lamp.

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..