1985 Chevy S10 2.8 liter 2wd oil pan gasket replacement

I have noticed that I have leaking from my oil pan and it looks like I have to raise the engine to remove the oil pan to replace the gasket. Is this really the case? Any hints anybody can give me? Thanks for any advice on this!

Reply to
Roy

nasty job. remove distributor, not enough clearance between fire wall and it if you jack the engine high enough to clear the cross member. Remove upper fan shroud. In reality you need to pull the engine to do this right, and by this time in its life, the rear main seal probably isn't the greatest (one of the things that was redesigned in the 87 model year). This could be a good time to consider: a) a newer 2.8 ltr, they increased the crank journal size and redesigned the rear main in 87, much stronger engine. b) 3.1 V-6 c) 3.4 V-6 these options drop in, will bolt to your current tranny.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning