2002 Trailblaser lifer rocker arm question

My trailblazer is in the shop to repair the engine. They had to order parts for a lifter and rocker arm. It is still under warranty. My question is, how reliable can I be with this engine in the future? My warrant goes out in November 2003.

Reply to
Pamela and Howard Signa

====================== that is scary for a new truck like that. did you mean 2004? If so you have almost a year to keep an eye on it. Was the problem a just a ticking noise, or something worse?

Reply to
Scott M

No, it is a 2002. The problem was a noise, and when I started driving it went about 25 yards, and then it stuttered, shook, and lights came on. it would barely crank after that, and we had it towed.

Reply to
Pamela and Howard Signa

=============== I meant the warranty date. november 2003 it expires you said? If the truck is an 02 the warranty should be good till 05. There are some dealer techs in here that would probably know if it is a common issue. hello???

Reply to
Scott M

I purchased it October 2001, so November 2004 is 36 months.

Reply to
Pamela and Howard Signa

Checked on my truck today and they are replacing the entire engine, not only the parts. That is good news.

Reply to
Pamela and Howard Signa