compression tester info

Was told today that my Subaru had a simultaneous 4 cylinder compression test today (which resulted in a very different result; 150 psi vs. 200 psi than was found with the apparent 1 cylinder at a time test) Is such a test possible? I didn't think that such a tool existed.... I can only test one cylinder at a time.

Reply to
D Wrate

you *could* hook up 4 compression testers at once and watch the gauges as you spin it over.... I'm not exactly sure what that'd get you though....

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

cyl? Maybe the last time they pulled all the plugs and didnt the first time? Who knows.....

Reply to
Scott M

Reply to
Buzz Lightbeer

That's muffler BEARINGS. Most muffler mounts/hangers do in fact have bushings.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I hate when that happens!! I've never replaced muffler bushings but muffler bearings can be a bitch to deal with. Personally, give me a good old canibering pin replacement job any day :-)

Reply to
Rich B

I know what you mean... but it sure has become a LOT easier w/ the reversible indexed slider wrench developed by Kaputi Tools. Got mine bought for less than $79 on eBay this past Spring!

Reply to
Jack

Man! I've been looking for one of them, I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Reply to
Rich B

Thanks guys.. that's what I thought!

Reply to
D Wrate

Anyone know where I can find a universal turbo intabulator installation kit??? Also looking for a left handed screwdriver, and a reverse angle hacksaw.

Reply to
Eightupman

-------------------------- Sure. Try here:

:)

Reply to
Scott M

YES!!! I'll get the list ready. Man I don't know how many times instructors in college would try that stuff on the newbies. My favorite one has always been the metric crescent wrench.

Reply to
Eightupman

Reply to
Da Newf

I thought the fluid only illuminated with voltage running through it??

Reply to
Eightupman

That's true unless you release it to the atmosphere. Then it will blind you.

Reply to
Steve Barker

---------

Reply to
Scott M

I see....unless I release it....then I don't see.... I'm with ya.... BUT if it is removed using the vacuum purge system, then it should be completely recycled so I can use in in my daytime running lights...right??

Reply to
Eightupman

Nope it's for Halogen lamps only. For the Daytime lights you need the older style Incandescent headlamp fluid. If you can find some, stock up on it as it's getting rare.

Reply to
Da Newf