need wiring diagram for 93 chevy k3500

need wiring diagram particularily showing brake and turn signal wiring; got a problem where both turn signals work fine but have no brake lights and no emergency flashers. a wiring diagram with wire color codes would allow me to check the inputs/outputs at the brake switch and the connection into the steering column.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Steve Mackie

Mike, May want to check the blinker switch itself. On my 96 it controlled almost everything to do with the lights. No matter how I tried to bypass it to get someting to work I lost something else. Not sure yours is the same! But it's a thought!!

Reply to
Daveman

Thanks, looks like just what I asked for...but now that I see it, I should have asked for the diagram covering the under-dash wiring for brake lights and turn signals.

My wiring to the back of the truck is all OK, both trun/brake bulbs work fine at the rear when using the turn signals, I just get nothing using the 4-way flasher or the brake pedal.

I suspect the problem is in the steering column at the hazard switch or the turn signal lever, so I'd like to check that out at the connection into the column.

Mike

ps: initially it was blowing the t/s fuse after a few flashes of the left t/s. I disconnected the harness running to the back of the truck at the bulkhead conn and problem went away. traced that harness and found a short in a camper connector I never use (was there when I got the truck). fuse no loger blows now, but I suspect while the short was present it probably fried something in the column or t/s switch.

Steve Mackie wrote:

Reply to
Mike

Reply to