Runs like its missing

98 Silverado C1500 5.0L Vortec

My "Service Engine Soon" light is on steady.It has a hard time starting and runs like its missing. I drive more than 35 mph and its starts flashing. I changed the spark plugs, the sp wires, distributor cap and rotor. Any Suggestions would be Appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Sid

Take the truck to Auto zone or large chain store and borrow their code checker-Ir's easy to use.My 89 chev had same type of problem.It was the EGR valve

Reply to
robertlieder

Thanks, I will go to Autozone to see if I can use it and find out what it is.

Reply to
Sid