Tools - 97 Chevy Suburban C1500 2WD

Guys,

I am planning this weekend to work on the front end of this truck. I am trying to make sure that I have all the right tools available before I start. Des anyone know what size socket or wrench that I will need to remove the Pitman arm to Steering box nut? Also what is the nut size on the hub assembly. Both of these appear to be larger than I have - just need to know what to shop for?

Thanks Doug

Reply to
Droopy

...a full 1/2 inch drive Metric socket set into the 20mm's and a good long breaker bar. Also a pitman arm puller if you expect to remove the pitman arm from the box. A pickle fork helps with front end disassembly if you don't want to pop for a ball joint popper.

Reply to
Shades

If you have an AutoZone nearby, they have a great tool-loan program which can cost NOTHING to you as long as you return the tool(s) in the "same" condition -- just leave a deposit, usually the cost of buying the tool, which is returned when the tool is returned.

Franko

Reply to
Franko